And so, after months of planning and renovation, your new home is ready and you can now move in. With years of accumulated things in your current home, it is quite a challenge to bring everything over without glitches or delays.
One thing for sure, there will be minor and major issues to consider but how should you choose a suitable company to move your furniture and other things from your current place to your new house?
– Always remember that moving from one place to another is not just shifting boxes. You need to find an expert in this field who can advise you on how to pack your things and labelling as well as any other important issues to consider. If you are weighing the pros and cons of whether to engage a moving company, the answer is simple, you MUST!
– When making a list of movers, be sure of their reputation. There is sure to be someone in your social circle who has moved before. Get their recommendations and feedback about their experience with the company and then make your decision.
– Information is everywhere. You can find them online, Yellow Pages and in classified ads. You must MAKE SURE that the company you are hiring is legit and legal. You can always check their documents if necessary because you will be trusting them to bring your belongings from point A to point B.
– What happens if something gets broken in between the two points? What are the crisis management measures? You have to sort this out with the company before engaging them. This includes insurance coverage, loss of items and other damages which could arise during the process which will then give you a clear direction of what needs to be done when the situation occurs. This must include timing and scheduling as well. What are the countermeasures and remedies if the whole process gets delayed due to controlled and uncontrolled reasons?
– Start with a budget and then work your way around that. Do not be swayed by what the movers are asking for. 80% of homeowners who are moving did not itemize the processes involved which can cause budget overruns. The best way to do this is to get the moving company to list out what is provided and what are their charges. If you let them dictate the cost, then you are in some serious trouble.