It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.
Moving from one property to another can be a daunting process. What you need is to find the best mover for your need, largely depending on what you have in your property.
Factors to consider on hiring a mover
If you engage the wrong mover, the process can be quite stressful. What you don’t want is a bad experience especially with the things you want to be moved from one place to another. Below are some pointers that you must consider.
Take note that all movers tell you that they are experienced in some way or another. Whether it is moving an office or a home, you must find one who has the right experience. Some of the issues that you can consider include:
- Reviews – Read up on reviews from those who have previously engaged a certain mover. Read the details of what was mentioned then you can gauge the reputation or the mover.
- Pricing – This can be tricky as different movers charge different rates. Start with a budget in your mind and then work your way up (or down). Make comparisons between several movers before finally coming to a decision.
- Expertise – If you are moving items that are delicate like antiques or expensive paintings, then you surely need experts in those areas. Never engage a generic mover for such items. Pianos, expensive furniture and audio-visual equipment all need experts.
- Convenience – You need a mover who works to your convenience, not the other way around. Always remember that they should accommodate your time-frame to move into the new place.
- Services – Where possible, find a mover who can give you value-added services. This is crucial as you could have add-ons like buy 2 free 1 (truck) services or free gifts. Some movers offer free insurance coverage as well.
Below are some of the services that you can expect from some of the top movers across Malaysia.
One of the very successful Malaysian startups, this application is very easy to use and efficient. In fact, you get almost immediate quotation once you have submitted your request. The name of the business refers to lorry rental but they offer more options including professional moving services for homes and offices as well as transportation and logistics.
Perhaps one of the most reputable ones around, Crown Movers’ lorries can be seen all the time. They help to relocate both private and corporate facilities while offering storage services too. They will give you free advice before you move. Once you decide to use their services, then they will offer you the package with affordable rates. Crown Movers have a reputation for their professional services in office moving as they have completed many corporate moves previously.
Click Movers provide very affordable packages when it comes to moving. They provide such services nationwide focusing on lorry rental. You can actually rent a 1-tonne lorry with a driver from RM200. However, for something a little bit more, you can even hire additional workers and unloading services too.
The Mover Malaysia
This is a home-grown brand that started with a modest operation of 1 truck. Within 3 years, The Mover Malaysia has grown to operate with more than 10 trucks today. You can actually mover from one place to another locally while they provide certain international services as well like relocation and car transportation.
Kaodim stands for ‘all taken care of’ in Cantonese. This is one of the latest and perhaps most revolutionary moving service available in recent years. When you are interested to engage a mover, all you have to do is to submit your request online and then service providers will send in their quotes to you. You then make a shortlist before making the decision. However, you might have to engage different providers for different services like lorry rental, manpower and specialist movers.
Home Movers operate in several major states across the country. What makes them stand out is that they offer fixed packages as well as flexible ones. The former involves a standard rate to ensure you move from one place to another completely. The latter meanwhile use rates such as hourly so that you need not have to overspend. Besides the usual moving services, they also help in other related services like storage (if needed) and packaging too.
Managing your Own
One alternative and probably cheaper option are to make your own arrangements. This means that you can use your own vehicle to move the small items and if you have a larger vehicle (SUV or MPV), you can move some of the bigger ones too. Meanwhile, you can rent a lorry (with a driver and probably 1 or 2 workers) for a trip which should cost you about RM300. While managing your own is a lot cheaper than getting the professional movers, there is always a risk of quality of service as the workers might not be professionals or experts in moving some items from your property.